TOP 10 WAYS To Prevent Hair Loss
2. If you need to lose weight, avoid fast crash diets which can often cause hair loss. Follow only a doctor recommended diet with NO stimulants.
3. Take a multivitamin with a small amount of iron, especially during the childbearing years. Hair is extremely sensitive to small iron deficiencies.
4. Learn to deal with stress better: meditation, yoga, exercise, etc
6. If you must color hair, have it done professionally using products that do not contain peroxide and ammonia.
7. If you are a young woman on oral contraceptives, make sure it is the type that can help rather than contribute to hair loss. If your hair is naturally thin, have an open discussion with your doctor before starting any hormones.
8. Carefully examine your extended family including grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. If there is a family history of hair loss in men or women, be aware that it could happen to you and seek help at the earliest sign. Seek out a hair loss specialist.
9. Have your hair styled and treated by a professional stylist. They may be the first person to notice a slight change. Seek help early!!
10. Lastly and most importantly, get a yearly physical and have your doctor check you periodically for iron deficiency, hormonal imbalances, diabetes and nutritional deficiencies.